2014年12月17日 星期三

Japan volcano

Efforts to recover the bodies of at least 24 climbers have been suspended again after the eruption on Japan's Mount Ontake intensified.
A BBC correspondent near the mountain on Tuesday said the volcano was shooting out even more ash, smoke and rocks than before.
At least 36 people are thought to have died in Saturday's unexpected eruption.
Dozens of other people were injured in the incident on the mountain, which is about 200km (125 miles) west of Tokyo.
Hundreds of firefighters, police and troops have been involved in search operations.
Twelve bodies have been recovered so far. Another 24 are reported to be on the mountain, including five more located on Monday.
Japanese authorities only declare fatalities once the body has been examined by a doctor.
Some of the bodies were found in a lodge near the summit and others were buried in ash up to 50cm (20in) deep, Japanese media reported.
Tremors
The BBC's Rupert Wingfield-Hayes was observing the volcano from a distance of around 6km (4 miles).
He said there was a great increase in the amount of material and gas being ejected on Tuesday.
An official from Japan's meteorological agency said volcanic tremors in the area could mean that another explosion was on the way.
"The strength of the tremors increased late last night, diminished and then rose again early this morning. There's the chance things could get even worse, so caution is needed," Yasuhide Hasegawa told Reuters news agency.
"This points to possibly increasing pressure due to steam inside the volcano, and if it exploded rocks could be thrown around, endangering rescuers," he said.
Japan's meteorological agency has warned that volcanic debris may settle within 4km (2.5 miles) of the peak.
from:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29420808

who:japan people
when:2014/9/30
how;Japan volcano: Search suspended as eruption intensifies
why:japan's Volcanic eruptions
where:JAPAN
keyword;
suspend;暫停
correspondent 記者
unexpected eruption 意想不到的爆發
 operations 操作
caution 慎重


美警開槍殺黑人

Missouri grand jury on a black teenager killed by a white policeman because whether we should have a decision by the prosecution .
His family has confirmed that the grand jury 's decision will be announced later on Monday ( November 24 ) .
18 -year-old black teenager Brown August 9 this year, the town was named in Ferguson, police shot and killed Wilson .
His death sparked unrest and even violent protests , many people criticize the police and excessive use of force by law enforcement officials .
Since the end of August this year, the grand jury has been discussed whether they should prosecute black teenager shot and killed 18 -year-old Brown, Wilson guilty police officers .
Brown said the family hired a lawyer , police officer shot towards Brown when Brown are expressed obedience. Wilson police officer 's supporters argue that police opened fire in self defense toward Brown .
It is reported that Ferguson town community residents gathered Saturday night in the streets , they are waiting for the results of the grand jury ,
It had widely expected the grand jury will announce the decision was made on Sunday , but according to reports , the grand jury is still gathering information about this fatal case occurred in early August this year .
A week ago, Missouri Gov. Nixon declared a statewide emergency law 30 days to implement and deploy the National Guard , guard shot and killed a grand jury would decide the case of black youth made ​​possible riots .